In 1936 the two churches in Gartmore were united and the old Free Church building became the Village Hall.
The hall has been well used by the community ever since. However, when the first Community Action Plan in 2002 was put together, the hall was named as the project most needing attention.
By 2006, the hall was in a state of crisis as the building had deteriorated and was unsustainable. At a public meeting, a Hall Development Group was set up and the long road to seeking funding commenced. This was no mean feat but the group were successful and the hall was extensively refurbished and opened its doors again in April 2014.
Before the refurbishment