The Parish Church was built in 1790 as a rectangular structure with a porch and bellcote, which were later reconstructed in the Gothic style. Originally a Chapel of Ease, the church occupied an important place in village life. Substantial renovation was undertaken by the Cayzer family in the early part of the 20th century, with the installation of stained glass windows and a new set of pews.
After the Disruption in 1843, the incumbent of the Parish Church left to join the Free Church and a Free Church building was erected in Gartmore in 1847.
In 1936 the two churches were united and the old Free Church building is now the Village Hall, which is used by a variety of village organisations. Gartmore had its own manse and minister until 1983 when the Parish Church was linked with Buchlyvie, where the minister now serves both charges.
Gartmore Parish Church.
We meet every Sunday at 10 am for morning worship and everyone is welcome to join us.
Our minister is The Rev Scott J Brown CBE BD. His email is SJBrown@churchofscotland.org.uk. Scott is available for pastoral visits and for conversations about baptism (christenings) and marriage services.
Scott was inducted as the parish minister in March 2019 and looks forward to getting to know the community.
The Session Clerk is Ms Janet Billett and can be contacted on 01877 382241